Highlights of Yeongju (영주):
- Buseoksa Temple
- Seonbichon Village
- Making of Injeolmi Tteok
- Korean Traditional Wedding Ceremony
Where is Yeongju (영주) ? Yeongju is a city in the far north region of North Gyeongsang province in South Korea.
They called Yeongju the “home of the seonbi,” referring to the virtuous scholars of the Joseon Dynasty who passed up positions of wealth and power to lead lives of study and integrity. Amidst the entrancing tapestry of misty mountains and deep valleys, the spirit of the seonbi lives on in the bucolic villages and time-honored shrines that dot the landscape. For centuries, the region has given sanctuary to philosophers and poets, Buddhist masters and artists, all those who look to reconnect with nature and to themselves.
BUSEOKSA TEMPLE (부석사)
Admission Fees: Adults 1,200 won
- Across from the Yeongju Intercity Bus Terminal, take Bus #27 or# 55 to Buseoksa (부석사). Or,
- From Punggi Station (풍기역), take Bus #27 to Buseoksa Temple.
For more info,
CULTURAL EXPERIENCE in SEONBICHON VILLAGE
(1) THE MAKING OF INJEOLMI TTEOK
Injeolmi tteok = glutinous rice cake coated with soybean powder.
(2) KOREAN TRADITIONAL WEDDING CEREMONY
*Check out the video edited by me 🙂 Enjoy